My device doesn't link with the app.
First time setting the device up and it won't link? Let see if we can help you (if you have already been using it for a while, please see here instead).
- Is the device lighting up?
Make sure you've installed the batteries correctly and check by double tapping on Ray. If it lights up, you're good. If it does not, the most common cause is faulty batteries, or you've put the batteries inside in the wrong position. Please open the back cover and re-insert the batteries following the instructions in the video below.
- Is the device linked to another account?
Is your device a hand-me-down? If so, chances are that it is already linked to another account. Due to security reasons, a device can only be linked to one account at a time. Please ask the original owner to unlink it first by going to Device > Remove device.
- Device is brand new and lighting up
In case your device is lighting up as normal and not linked to any account, please follow the troubleshooting steps below:
- Close the Misfit app and reopen it. Turn Bluetooth and 3G/Wifi OFF and ON again. Please make sure you have a stable internet connection. If your device is running Android 6.0, please enable location service as well.
- Place your Ray on the phone's screen and try linking again.
Please repeat these steps a few times. We highly recommend that your phone's battery level is higher than 30% during the linking process. As the last resort, please reboot your phone and repeat the steps above.