The module is both swimproof and dust resistant. Additionally, materials on the trackers straps, such as leather, may react poorly to water and dust.
Shine is water resistant up to 5 ATM (50 metres).
To maintain water resistance:
- Install the back cover correctly
- Do not tamper with the back cover when it is still submerged in liquid
- Avoid prolonged exposure to salt water or other chemicals, e.g. detergent, chlorine
- Avoid moving Shine in and out of contrasting extreme atmospheres; saunas, steam rooms, hot tubs and hot showers could distort the sealing gasket
- Avoid opening the back cover unnecessarily
- When opening the back cover to replace the battery, avoid touching the gasket
- Never leave Shine open for more than a few hours; a dry gasket will cause the seal to fail
- Constant exposure to salt water is expected to reduce the device’s working life, but that’s to be expected of any device in those conditions. With appropriate care, there shouldn’t be a problem.
Operating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
Non-operating temperature: -22° to 140° F (-30° to 60° C)