The Wear OS by Google app must be running on your phone at all times to ensure a connection with the watch. Closing the app disconnects the watch from your phone, and prevents notifications from coming through. Make sure the app is open on your phone any time you are wearing your smartwatch.
- A Connected message will appear in the app
- If a Disconnected message appears in app, swipe up from your watch face and tap the refresh circle on the Reconnect card
Make sure your phone’s Bluetooth is on and your smartwatch is synced to your device.
Check your phone’s software version in the settings to make sure it is compatible with your smartwatch. If your phone software is out of date, update to properly sync devices.
Make sure your watch’s software is up-to-date.
- Swipe down from the top of your watch screen.
- Tap Settings, then tap System at the bottom of the menu.
- Tap About, then tap System updates. If your system is not up-to-date, it will prompt you to download the latest software build at this time.
iPhone users: Go to your phone's settings and tap Notifications. Scroll down to Messages, then scroll down to Options. When you tap Show Previews, either choose Always or When Unlocked. If Never is selected, your iPhone won't push the messages to a paired device.